The Bee Cave Arts Foundation announces an Open Call for Light Art / Technology / Sound Installations to participate in the Bee Cave Winter Light Festival, December 10, 11, & 12, 2020.
Budget – $500 – $5,000
Looking for projects of all sizes and complexity.
Numerous Projects will be Funded
Deadline for Proposals August 2, 2020
The Bee Cave Arts Foundation in partnership with the Hill Country Galleria invites artists, artist teams, architects, designers, inventors, and creative organizations to submit proposals for the First Annual Bee Cave Winter Light Festival. This outdoor display of Light Art Installations will be on view at the Hill Country Galleria from Thursday December 10, 2020, through Saturday, December 12, 2020.
This community celebration for all ages will showcase unique art installations that creatively incorporate light as the primary medium. Installations may also include technology, sound, and more. Interactive and participatory installations are highly encouraged but not mandatory.
We are looking for highly creative and visually appealing Light Art Installations that will amaze and delight. Established and emerging creatives are encouraged to submit proposals for this dynamic after-dark celebration. Numerous art installations will be funded.
- Aug. 2 Deadline for proposals.
- Aug. 14 Selections announced.
- Dec. 9/10 Installation
- Dec. 10 Events opens at 6 pm
- Dec. 12 Event closes at 11pm
- Dec. 12/13 Strike after event closes or following day
Selected projects will receive:
- 50% funding to start- upon notification- Aug 14, 2020 after contract signed/ returned
- 50% funding upon completion at end-of-festival- Dec. 13, 2020
Submit the following items in a single PDF or Microsoft Word document:
- Cover Page with Name / Mailing Address / Phone Number / Email Address
- One-page narrative describing the concept and design of the proposed project
- Sketches, photos, video or other visual representations of proposed concept (up to four)
- Project budget ($500 – $5000)
- One-page resume or short biography
Deadline for Submissions
Applications are due by August 2,2020 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line should read “Light Festival Artist Application”
Event is Dec 10, 11, and 12 evenings 6 pm-10pm
Artist attendance required – talk with visitors & make sure installation is working
Do not apply if you or team member are unable to attend.
The review panel will consider the following factors for each application:
- Artistic Excellence
- Unique Design
- Concept’s Appropriateness for an all-ages public setting
- Participatory/interactive Elements (not mandatory but a plus)
- Proposed Budget
Contact the Bee Cave Arts Foundation with any questions or concerns at email@example.com