Bee Cave, Texas. — The Hill Country Galleria Management in partnership with the Bee Cave Arts Foundation is seeking an artist or artist team to design and paint a 10ft x 20ft mural at 12601 Hill Country Blvd, Bee Cave Texas 78738. The budget for this mural will depend on the complexity of the artwork.
- August 31: Deadline for proposals
- Sept. 15: Selection announced
- Oct/Nov: Mural created.
- Nov: Dedication Ceremony
We are seeking an experienced mural artist or team of artists with a strong point of view and the ability to create complex, engaging designs for the first large scale mural in the Hill Country Galleria Shopping Center. Artists are welcome to use (but not limited to) Bee Cave’s history, signature events, and physical environment as inspiration; however, the final designs must go beyond the simple visual representation of an object or event. This mural will be visible to the public as they are walking and driving through Hill Country Galleria.
Submit the following items in a single PDF or Microsoft Word document:
- Cover Page with Name / Mailing Address / Phone Number / Email Address
- One page narrative describing the concept and design of the proposed mural
- Sketches or other visual representations of proposed concept (up to four)
- Itemized project budget
- A one-page resume or short biography
- 3-5 photographs or links to photographs of past murals
- Contact information for 2 references from past mural clients
Deadline for Submissions
Applications are due on August 31, 2019 via email to email@example.com Subject line should read “Call for mural artists application”
The review panel will consider the following factors for each application:
- Artistic excellence
- Unique design and high visual impact
- Concept’s appropriateness for a public setting
- Artist’s proven capacity for timely completion of the project
- Proposed budget for the work
Contact the Bee Cave Arts Foundation with any questions or concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org